There are many ideas for female empowerment – how do we escape the norms? How do we make female empowerment even more empowering?
As women, we need to break the barriers on how we are treated within society. As women, we are told we aren’t good enough, and we know this isn’t true! We are strong; we are smart; we are powerful. It’s 2021, and we should start empowering each other more. We can not and should not be reduced by our gender! Females need to stick with each other when another female needs help. As females, we need to be there to help her. We need to stick together. Otherwise, we will be broken down. There is still such a far way to empower ourselves and move up the social ladder, and we don’t just want equality – we need it.
During the last few months, women have started a trend #takebackthestreets.
Sexual assault is something many women are scared of each time they leave the house, each time they leave work too late, each time they miss the bus and have to walk home once the sun has set, but this needs to change.
Women are banding together, being fierce, and taking back our streets slowly.
If you need ideas for female empowerment, look no further than the Sarah Everard case. This was a massive example of female empowerment; the peaceful vigil led to a woman sadly attacked and killed by a police officer. Women took to the streets to pay their respects and show that we are not going to back down! We should have complete control over our bodies, dress how we like, go out whatever time of day, and go wherever we want.
You can’t just sit back and hope for change. We need to step up and make the change, stand strong together. If we all stand together, we will make a change. We need to be our own heroes. As Oprah Winfrey said, ‘’turn your words into wisdom’’.
We will work hard, and we will succeed at change. There is no limit to what we can accomplish if we all rise above.
Every woman’s voice can be heard, and your voice could change the world.
To feel like empowered women, we cannot care what others think of us, leave fake friends, allow people to judge us. Turn a cheek and worry about your journey! If someone is treating you as not an equal, walk away. Every single one of us should know our worth. Stop thinking that having a large group of friends or a partner in your life is important and will make you ‘cool’ or ‘popular.’
Start caring about loyalty, care about people who want you to succeed, and help you get where you need to be.
Women are already pushed aside by society. Why should you take that from those who are supposed to help you? No one in this world should be allowed to make you feel inferior, you are what you need to be, and you are perfect in your own unique way. Be the woman you want other women to look up to and inspire to be.
Together we will escape the norms.
Together we stand united. If we do not work together, a change cannot be made. We can never limit ourselves. If we tell ourselves that we can’t do something, then we won’t be able to do it. Women should not settle. We can do anything if we put our minds to it.
If we look throughout history, there have been several feminists now seen as some of the strongest feminists in history. We can look back to 1759, to Mary Wollstonecraft, a feminist female philosopher who wrote about gender equality when women were punished and killed for fighting the norms.
Betty Friedan, an activist who co-founded the national organisation for women, still, to this day, fights for female rights and keeps her legacy alive.
We can look worldwide, the UK, Australia, America, Asia, all over.
We have strong women fighting for the rights we deserve. Black, white, Asian – it doesn’t matter! We will all fight this together, all equal. We need to end the patriarchal run societies.
There are many ways in which we can make small but significant changes worldwide.
Take a look at some Ideas for female empowerment:
- Get more women into global leadership roles (this could involve being a leader of your own business, joining political groups, taking up government jobs and so on)
- Getting more women to think for themselves and voice their ideas.
- Women should be taught more business-based subjects and be able to be comfortable wherever they are working. No one should be made to feel uncomfortable in their workplace.
- Women should be given more opportunities within apprenticeships and should not be limited to specific jobs due to their gender.
- Attend marches and peaceful protests. They make more of a difference than people may think.
- Volunteer for female organisations such as the girl’s network, rosa, plan international, Imaan, women’s aid, Muslim women’s network, to name a few.
- Other ways in which equality and empowerment can be reached is within the home. It has been seen as the norm for centuries for wives to be the cleaner, cook, childcare provider, and so on. Men should start stepping up and helping women do housework and take care of their children. At the end of the day, it all begins in the home.
We all need to work together. Not only women but the men of this society need to get on board with the fight. Everyone needs to band together to make the change.